Sophia Institute online Waldorf Certificate Program
Anthroposophy in Everyday Life
Course AEL1: Practical Training in Thought
Lesson 1: Introduction. Practical Thinking. Unpractical Thinking.
Lesson 2: Right Attitude and Proper Feeling for Thinking.
Lesson 3: Real Practice of Thought. Practical Exercises in Thinking I.
Lesson 4: Thinking through Observation.
Lesson 5: Practical Exercises in Thinking II.
Lesson 6: Practical Exercises in Thinking III. Example of a Practical Thinker.
Lesson 7: Practical Exercises in Thinking IV. Focused Thinking.
Lesson 8: Practical Exercises in Thinking V. Painting the Mental Picture.
Lesson 9: Practical Exercises in Thinking VI and VII. Arriving at Conclusions.
Lesson 10: Conclusions and Observations. How Thinking Changes.
Tasks and Assignments for Lesson 1.3.
This section introduces the idea of "real practice of thought" and the first exercise of several exercises presented in this text
Please consider this section of the text and write down your thoughts and feelings concerning this section including answering the following questions.
1. In your opinion - is it correct to say that "thoughts can only be drawn from a world in which they already exist"?
2. What is meant by the statement: "The world is built by thought"?
3. What is your reaction to statements like right thinking has to follow certain rules, actual, practical and fundamental principles?
4. What exactly is the exercise presented here? Describe in your own words.
5. Practice the exercise. Describe your experience.
Please send your completed assignment via the online form or via email.